Saturday, December 16, 2006

Vietnamese Cuisine at Bong Sen, KLCC.

I thought you guys might be bored with Singapore already, so, I'll make a little change for the moment. The girlfriend brought me to this restaurant that serves Vietnamese cuisine when we were in KLCC, promising me a pleasant meal, which I doubted since her recommendation of good food seems a little... nevermind. From what I see, this little setup is fast becoming one of her favourites; she has already been a few times in a short duration, siao.

This is Bong Sen. Print it out for reference if you have bad sense of direction.

Bong Sen was where she brought me, located at the 4th floor of Suria KLCC, next to Chakri Palace (which serves scrumptious Thai cuisines). Scouting the restaurant, the first thing that come to my mind was "koyak", referring to my wallet (which literally means that the meal is going to cost me a bomb). Overall, the design and environment exudes a cozy, comfortable feeling. Since I've never been to Vietnam before, I have no idea if the decorations and layouts reflects the country but to me, its modern simplicity.

You see the design like that, can feel the pinch in wallet right?.

See what I meant by modern simplicity. The girlfriend took this, her skills are definitely improving.

The range of food available isn't particularly overwhelming, which is good in a way that I wouldn't be left with a headache thinking of what to eat. Upon placing our order, I noticed that there were not many customers around. So, either the food sucks (I was quite worried) or the service sucks (not really) or not many people have heard of this place yet (I prefer this) or its too early for dinner and too late for lunch hour. A short wait later, the food arrived and the girlfriend proceeded to tell me that my order was not what she had in mind, meaning she placed a wrong order for me. -_-"

Me. Pose. Not.

The girlfriend. Me likey, you cannot.

Food pictures coming up next because I'm a very kind and considerate guy, not wishing to kill your bandwidth. Muahaha, last but not least, another picture. No worries, not another picture of my round big-ass face.

Indeed. Do you?

0 comments: