Friday, December 29, 2006

Blog Back Mountain.

Finally

I'm able to log on to Blogger. I think the quake affected the telcos in Singapore pretty bad, as only today the lines here are restored, albeit still being kinda slow. I guess even though with the most proper planning, at times, things just wouldn't go your way because there are factors way more powerful than one measly individual like me could comprehend. I had it all planned, from the girlfriend's business trip to SG to her holidays here, to a through 2006 to new year resolutions and stuff, alas, I don't think I have the time to put it all up. Some will just have to wait.

Truthfully, I did suffer from some minor withdrawal symptoms due to the Internet downtime, a catastrophe better known as the World Wide Wait (quoted from some newspaper's headlines). Work was totally affected as I had nowhere to refer to for research. No chatting! Fortunately, Fooxion's Shoutbox was still operating fine but still, I feel very, disconnected? As though part of your daily routine (including blogging and blog-surfing), an addiction has been suddenly removed without warning. It might be a warning from the higher beings, a clue to us for being to attached, dependant on something. Who knows...

Anyway, I'm heading back to Malaysia for the new year after giving it much thought, celebrating here alone would be quite, devastating? Hahaha! Part of the factor that persuaded me to head home was the company (Hence forth, the place I'm working in shall be known as the company). Initially, I was supposed to be slapped with an EP, which would have me stay in SG for at least 6 months, due to some perks and benefits which I choose not to reveal here. 6 months, that's way too long, can? Now, seems like there are further changes, which will have me heading back. Therefore, all in all, my future is uncertain. Period.

At current time, the thing that is keeping me worried the most is my journey home (Other than the anger caused by having to pay more for the bus ticket since the ride that I'm supposed to take is an additionally scheduled bus). Why? Because of the floodings in Johore. Hopefully the highways leading back to KL aren't that badly affected *fingers crossed*, else, I'll be stranded in the middle of nowhere. Flights are too expensive to even be considered. Its a really sad thing being poor, you know? But actually, life has not been that bad, I can still look back on 2006 and have a good laugh at all the highs and lows that have happened. That deserves a post on its own.

Btw, this Sunday (31.12.2006), there'll be a semi-huge gathering ongoing at The Curve, mostly consisting of bloggers and Fooxion forumers. Click here for more information. Come and join us, it'll be lots of fun, as they say, the more the merrier! Even Jen Jen Jeng (scroll down to the video after the scary pictures) has made a video for it!

I'll find some time to blog tomorrow. I promiseeeeeeeeeee.....

0 comments: