Friday, December 22, 2006

Bong Sen, Part 2.

There won't be a trilogy, I promise. In case you missed anything, click here.

Time to order! The girlfriend went on and on about what she and her friends had the previous time, which was really delicious, but couldn't recall the name. She described the color, the ingredients, the presentation, the taste but couldn't recall the name. She remembered who ordered what, who couldn't finish their food, but couldn't recall the name. Can't really blame her, since I suffer from the same "disease", hahaha. Or maybe I infected her. Or maybe its the work of the Infectioner. Not having much choice, I closed my eyes and pointed at the menu. Ta daa! Order placed, no more headache.

Anyone knows where I can purchase something like this? Referring to the, what should I call it? glass? cup? drinking container? SkyJuice btw. Non-alcoholic.

My red bean drink which somes with coconut ice-cream.

The red bean drink is quite special, in the sense it came in 3 layers; top one being coconut ice-cream, the middle layer containing red beans and the lower layer containing diluted syrup. The amount of red bean they stuff in the drink could probably make 4-5 bowls of ice-kacang. Serious! I really had a hard time trying to finish them. The ice cream was yummy.

I ordered the char grilled chicken with something something, so if you're interested in trying what I had, just be on the lookout for "char grilled chicken" under the Noodles section and most probably, you'll get it. The girlfriend ordered item no. 41 on the menu, the only risk here is that they did a revamp on the menu. Portion of the food is quite big, and it comes with a serving of raw taugeh (bean sprouts) together with some spicy sauce. Since I don't fancy raw taugeh, I just dump them into the soup, hahaha!

Food item no.41, not love potion no.9. Looks spicy, but its actually not. The noodle comes with thin slices of beef + beef balls + some unknown stuff. Noodles is soft but spongy and the beef slices rawks!

Noodle with char grilled chicken. Chicken breast grilled to perfection, not too dry and the soup didn't water down its taste. The noodle tasted like kuey teow.

Me no like raw taugeh long time.

Overall, it was a good dining experience, nothing exceptional however. The price of food ranges from RM12-18 per dish, slightly expensive, but the food is definitely better compared to Vietnam Kitchen or Little Vietnam or whatever Vietnam (according to the girlfriend). So, if you have a sudden craving for Vietnamese food, do give this place a try. I'm not getting paid for this OK?


Oh, taking this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy and Merry Christmas, since I wouldn't have any access to the net for the coming few days! Ho Ho Ho! Click on the image under Seasons Greetings for a better version.

2 comments:

Boss Stewie said...

HOLY CRAP!! NUMBER 9 LOOKS YUMMY!!!

Jed said...

Where? Where? Oh.....