Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bored in Singapore.

So, what do you do when you're bored of everything Singapore all of a sudden? Head to Johore of course, where everything is much cheaper!!! *shiet, why am I talking like a Singaporean?!?!?* Anyway, that was what me, D & E did few weeks back. The plan was to take the MRT to Woodlands and from there, catch a feeder bus to KotaRaya II.

Totally non-related photo, took this in Raffles Link. Nearly dropped one of the framed pictures as I leaned too close to the wall. Sssshhhhhh...

Outram Park - Woodlands, freakin' 16 stations in between leh, wasted close to an hour travelling. If you think the Malaysian Customs @ Sultan Abu Bakar was not well maintained, wait till you pass through the one to KotaRaya II. I was shocked beyond words, seriously. There were utterly no maintenance, and the place looks as though it would collapse anytime.

Another totally unrelated picture. Walls on the way to Raffles from Esplanade via the underground walkway.

If I'm a tourist passing through there to Johore from Singapore, I would definitely have second thought heading over again. I mean, if the government is able to spend so much training some dudes into space tourists (yes, they are SPACE TOURISTS and NOT astronauts) or building palaces costings hundreds of millions, why not just spend a fraction of that sum for some refurbishments? Heck, that's even in-line with Visit Malaysia Year 2007! Do keep in mind that the customs would be the first piece of Malaysian land that foreign tourists step onto, therefore, effectively giving a first impression of what they're expecting to see ahead. Imagine your front yard not being taken care of, with rubbish all around, looking old and grubby. No matter how good the interior looks, you've already left a lasting negative impression on your visitors.

Our drinks and my food at Kim Gary.

Whoops, sorry for the off-topic rant. I planned to have either Bak Kut Teh *yummiez!!!* or some Laksa Johor (Got what other famous delicacies from Johore ah?), but then couldn't really find any around. So, we settled for Kim Gary instead. Eh, don't lah give me that look, I know Singapore also have Kim Gary outlets but then since its way cheaper in Malaysia, why not, right? Right? Right? It took us close to 15 minutes to find the place, cause it was located secludedly in another section of the mall. WTF weh...

This is what I had. Some set with eggs, fries, vege, corn, bacon, sausage, and so much more!

D's cheese baked rice with beef set.

E's cheese baked curry beef with rice, or something like that.

And since there's a cineplex around, why not watch a movie as well? Or maybe even two? After much calculation, we were able to squeeze in Happy Feet and Death Note back to back. Halfway into the latter, my back was beginning to ache as a result of seating too long. Yes, you don't have to remind me time and again that I'm old. I do have to say that I find both of the movies very entertaining.

Happy Feet, I really like the songs, really, really enjoy them, I've listened to the OST tens of times. But for me, the ending seems kinda rushed, suddenly everything happening so fast and Ta Dah, every penguin lived happily ever after. Got a bit potong steam...

Death Note, needless to say, was one hell of a movie, at least for me, a guy drawn to animes. The character developement was good, storyline was excellent, and the ending left me yearning for more! I especially enjoy how the movie slowly revealed how Light planned and wrote the death for each of his victims, and how L got so close to gaining evidence, left with only a small hole to fill. Well, Death Note 2: The Last Name will be in the cinema on the 28th, this month, can't wait!!! I heard that it will only be shown somewhere near February in Malaysia, is it?

Ehem *clears throat* MUAHA HA AHA AHAHA AHA!!!

Obligatory self portrait, in case you've forgotten how I look like. Dem, I look fat!

Bad news, D has headed back to Malaysia, after finding out that he has reached his time limit in SG without a permit. And it takes approximately 30 days to reset the count, guess he'll be spending Christmas in KL instead, Ho Ho Ho. Soon, E will be joining him and once again leaving me all alone here. Always happens to me, no matter in KL or Singapore, I'm always left by myself *plays All by Myself - Celine Dion on WMP*.

Anyway, I guess that's all for today... Oh yah, somebody's coming down to SG this week, and next week, the girlfriend will be heading down for business trip as well!

2 comments:

tIcKLeMe said...

eh, all these 'seeding' in here making me think senget la. kekekekekeke. :P

and i so wanna go sg too. :( esp for xmas! :(

Jed said...

The truth is, it took me less than a second to realize what you're referring the 'seeding' as... hahaha!

Mari mari... FooXion gathering kat SG.