Saturday, August 11, 2018

Leaving on a jet plane #2

Alas, it's my turn to fly, to the land down under, for approximately ten days.

For business trip of course, one that I had given lots of thought to before deciding, much contrast to prior occasions where I'll jump firsthand at any opportunities available.

While I do know that mummy Ning would definitely be able to take good care of baby Ning while I'm away, having another person around to help out with the bits and pieces actually make a whole lot of difference.

With cleaning, laundry, dishes, trash, preparing and washing the feeding bottles, cleaning up after baby Ning's bath and diaper changes, and so on - kind of imply that I'm a house maid though.

And all the what if questions started popping inside my head, again, though this time, from a third party perspective. What if mummy Ning fell asleep without feeding her? What if she 'lao sai'? What if baby Ning falls ill? What if ...  Déjà vu lor

I'm also concerned I might miss baby Ning so much that I'd fly back at my own cost, to hold and feel her in my arms again. Cham.

I suppose such dilemma would pop up more often now, juggling and finding the balance between career and family.

Sigh, wish me luck and I hope I survive and not loose my mind in these ten days.

0 comments: