Saturday, July 21, 2018

Leaving on a jet plane #1

The dreaded day has finally arrived, as daddy Ning had to take care of baby Ning all by himself. Because mummy Ning's travelling back to her hometown, just for one night only.



All the seemingly simple tasks and routines suddenly looked extremely challenging, like putting baby Ning into the car seat and driving to the nanny or cleaning her up, even preparing to feed her which I've done countless times. Or trying to have dinner.

And with so many what if scenarios playing in my mind, it's amazing how I made it through. What if I locked myself out when throwing rubbish? What if I overslept and forgot to feed her (which happened before)? What if she had fever? What if ...

Most fortunately though, since it was a short trip, I was 'exempted' from having to bath her, which I had zero confidence in at this point of time. Tried it once and failed halfway through, sigh.

Eventually mummy Ning returned home in the afternoon and the world suddenly felt brighter and my shoulder much lighter. And this was only for a day, I'm definitely not looking forward to the weeks to come ...

0 comments: