Wednesday, March 15, 2006

MMU Career Fair

Was back in Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya for 1 1/2 days for its Career Fair (14-16 Mac 2006) as the company I am currently working in was involved in it. Practically, as a non-consumer looking company :: a booth was setup for interested candidates to drop by, fulfill their curiosity, and drop their resume :: students were not really dwelling into our area compared to some others which are offering free gifts for signing up with them and so, so, so...

It was kinda nostalgic as the previous year, I was at the career fair as a student, seeking for employment opportunities. This year, I'm back yet again, but as someone offering employment opportunities (on behalf, of course). Hence, this proves that I am getting older by the day and there is no escaping.

Good thing about the Fair was, the SuruhanJaya Pilihan Raya (SRP) :: something like that ler :: was there to offer registration to qualified non-registered voters. Golden opportunity to register; saves the hassle of doing so in some-where I dunno-how (plus! I do not even need to queue). Heck, the registration form was even filled up by their personnel, and guess what; it comes attached with a free gift. Where else can you get so much done so quickly from the government?!?!?! I feel blessed all of the sudden!

Other than offering opportunities, there were interview sessions conducted in order to do some initial filtering. It feels quite funny as some of the candidates were:
1. ex-course mates
2. friends
3. ex-house mates
4. juniors

Sadly, indirectly, it also makes you feel old! sob!sob! If you are some-what confused, I graduated from MMU.

Finally, I saw the XFresh Xplorer - got 1 Streetsurfer Mobile as well (by the time I see it, it was already leaving). However, there was no sign of SmashPop around, I guess he's not involved in all these event thingy.

Unfortunately, due to work load, I am unable to take any photos. Sadz...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

betul tu.. i dont folo them around wan..

but im joining them for one session this monday.. going to nottingham uni in semenyih